a powerful online tool to involve residents in decision-making processes and to demonstrate a municipality's commitment to citizen engagement
Get realistic budget proposals from your citizens
- give a clear picture of how much different services cost with concrete numbers
- display the financial impact of a citizen's changes in real-time
Integrate responses directly into budget proposals
- access your results throughout the simulation with a dedicated administration portal
- download your results for analysis in an easy-to-read Excel file
Customize your consultation to reflect the individual needs of your municipality
- look and feel of our platform is completely customizable
- add photos, charts, links, and presentations easily
Harness social media and encourage residents to share proposals
- generate an individualized results page for residents to share with friends and family
Getting started with Citizen Budget is easy! Follow these four steps to begin your consultation
Identify Choose 10-30 local services or activities from your budget that you'd like to consult your citizens on.
Publish Publish your Citizen Budget app online. Open North gets it ready for you in four business days.
Share Tell your residents about your app and see it spread virally as people share it on social media.
Analyze Answers are compiled into actionable reports with charts and analysis for each budget item.
Real-time Data and Results
Citizens see real-time budget effects of their modifications. Municipalities see participation rates and new data with each submission.